Dejan Kulusevski taking top tips from iconic figure as he makes Harry Kane promise

Dejan Kulusevski hopes to make himself a big success at Tottenham, having revealed his plans for Harry Kane and the legendary figure who he calls on for advice.

The attacking midfielder has joined on an initial contract to summer 2023, with an option to buy from the Serie A side. And Spurs fans got their first look at their new boy after stepping off the bench during Saturday’s 3-1 win over Brighton in the FA Cup.

The 21-year-old has been signed by Antonio Conte to boost their attacking options. Capable of playing anywhere across the front three or as a No 10, he swapped Juventus for Tottenham alongside Rodrigo Bentancur.

Both men enjoyed a taste of the action on Saturday and Conte insists it was important for the pair to play.

“It was important also to breathe the atmosphere for the two new signings, for us, for Dejan Kulusevski and Rodrigo Bentancur,” Conte said.

“It was important to come in and to understand the intensity of this league. I repeat, two good players, two young players with talent. They can help us.

“Rodrigo, despite his age, only 24 years old, has a lot of experience because he played 120 games for Juventus. Kulusevski, the same. I think they can help us.

“I’m pleased that I gave them the opportunity to come in and also breathe this fantastic atmosphere in our stadium. Our fans, the noise tonight was so intense that it was also very difficult to communicate with the players.”

Kulusevski hopes to carve out a good relationship with Kane for Spurs.

Dejan Kulusevski taking lessons from legendary Italian

And he hopes the advice of Andrea Pirlo, who coached him at Juve, stands him in good stead.

“Pirlo is a fantastic coach and a fantastic guy,” he said. “I spoke with him nearly every day and he always spoke to me a lot about how I should shape my body and how I can look for passes without showing the opposition where I am going to play the ball.

“And that is exactly what I hope will help me to help Harry even more in the future.

“He (Harry) is unbelievable. Yes, up there. What impressed me was his technique, the way he stopped the ball and the way he changes the whole pitch with his passes from both feet.

“It is amazing really. And I know that when he has the ball I have to run because he will find me.”

Kevin De Bruyne inspiration

Dejan Kulusevski has spoken previously of his admiration for Adnan Januzaj growing up in Sweden.

But it’s another player in Kevin De Bruyne who he tries to model his game on.

He told Sky Italia,as quoted byThe Sun: “I study Kevin De Bruyne a lot because he is a phenomenal player and because I want to become like him.

“It depends on the team, on the game. For how we play in Parma, the coach has found the perfect position for me — as a winger.

“When I was in the Primavera of Atalanta, on the other hand, I played more in the centre because the action had to start from behind.

“My perfect role? Behind the strikers. When I play, I don’t think about goals or assists.

“With the ball, I think always attacking, to the fact that the defenders have to know who they are dealing with. Having said that, I need to improve in shooting more often and also in scoring more.”

READ MORE: Tanguy Ndombele claims Lyon ‘risk’ better than Tottenham slump

The post Dejan Kulusevski taking top tips from iconic figure as he makes Harry Kane promise appeared first on TEAMtalk.



from TEAMtalk https://ift.tt/lBjqxIM
via IFTTT

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post